Sunday, 5 February 2012

B I L L Y E L L I O T

There is only one thing in Millys life that she loves more than Dobby. There are only two things she mentions on a daily basis. The other one is her lover for Billy Elliot. I can honestly say this is unhealthy.

I say this because she has managed to wear out 2 DVD's and one VHS. I think we first got a copy shortly after it was released on video back 2001. Well its all been go from there. She watches it religiously nearly every day straight after school with her beaker or Robinson's squash and a Yoghurt rested on the same table, while she sits in the same chair.

                                            This is a bag Mum's cousin Juliet got for Milly for Christmas.
                                            The expression says it all.

So Billy Elliot has been a constant part of our lives for over a Decade now. Personally I do love the Film.. just not that much. I have tried everything to wean her off it, Hairspray, High school musical, Mary Poppins ... but nothing seems to have worked.
There has been tears, tantrums and items thrown if I say no to watching Billy.
I suppose there are more harmful things to be obsessed with than a Boy from Durham who wants to be a Ballet dancer.
She doesn't even like Ballet.

It can get slightly cringe when we are in Public and a song from the soundtrack will start playing.. for instance this one time in Asda and 'A Town called Malice' came on and she was dancing so much she knocked into and old lady.

Anyway I mention this because B I L L Y E L L I O T almost got me into a lot of trouble and heartbreak. Basically a letter was sent home from school saying Milly had been re enacting violent episodes and it was cause from concern. Anyway a visit from a social worker and a meeting later we managed to work out it was a scene from Billy Elliot. It wasn't a very pleasant experience but it's lol looking back.

She also well fancies Tony, Billy's brother. She would kill me for saying this, it used to be Billy but she prefers the older man now...

Sometimes she refers to Tony as her Boyfriend to strangers as if her is real actual person.
Get over ya self Milly.

No comments:

Post a Comment