Thursday, 30 May 2013

Copper Flashing

I've been visiting some friends of the family down in Liverpool and on the train back down to London I was having a good giggle with a lady and her daughter and another lady about the strange ticket inspector. We got chatting, as women tend to do and discovered we are all closely connected to so one with downsyndrome.

Anyway up popped this story about my sister flashing a copper.
Me and my sister had been visiting my Dad who lives an hour bus ride away from Halifax town centre. It was a Sunday afternoon about a year ago on a bank holiday and there must have been some big football match on. We saw numerous police cars along the way rounding up lary drunk football fans and my sister kept in asking questions. She has a bit of a fixation on some things- one of them is the police. She was telling me she had been arrested and as I corrected her I to,d her you had to do so ethi g extreme to be handcuffed and locked up- you didn't get into trouble for just stealing a drink.

Anyway we were walking across town to catch our connecting bus home and two officers were having a stiff word with a group of drunk football lads outside McDonald's. we are at the opposite side of the road and my sister points and questions. One of the lads throws his beer can on the flaw and is about to be arrested. Before I realise my sister runs across the road runs between the bustle of the coppers and the lads pulls her top and bra over her head and starts shouting and jumping like a mad women. The police officers glare and so do the lads- my sister carries on for a good 10 seconds and by the time I manage to pull her back to decency the wholesituation is diffused and everyone is silent including bystanders just glaring at my sister. She gets on her knees and holds out her wrists as if to be handcuffed. The lads burst out n laughter, the coppers don't know where to look and bystanders start smirking. I turn beet root and have to explain.

Was a long and silent journey home.

No comments:

Post a Comment