You would presume most would give up there seat not on the presumption that my sisters rotund belly meant she was heavily pregnant or her weird dress sense made her look like an Infirm pensioner but solely on the fact that she quite obviously has downsyndrome. I know downsyndrome is not a physical disability as such but if milly had it her way she would be wheeled round in a diamond encrusted wheelchair being fed Mcfries each hand dipped in ketchup. She really nows how to play up to the disabled card.
Milly would huff and puff at Joe bloggs, knowing it was her god given right to sit in that seat. To be she is unsteady in her feetand like me is very lazy. Esually I would ask politely if they didn't mind giving up the seat in which case they would look surprised as they had never even noticed us. If I didn't ask quickly enough milly would just sit on someone. Yes just sit on them. That's one way to learn your lesson.
I remember getting the overground 5 stops from Willesden junction to Kew. Although we had tried to avoid rush hour it was packed. As a social experiment we sat on the floor. Yes on the floor and waited at each stop seeing people get off and others sit in there seats. Sadly no one offered us a seat.
Its sad to say that in a weeklong excursion around London that on all tube journeys made that had no seats available I had to ask every single time if she could sit down. Not once did anyone offer. Maybe they were scared of offending her because she was just fat and not pregnant.
No comments:
Post a Comment