I have had 30 to date in the past 4 years and have gone though 2 in 10 days to have the 3rd( that was 4 days old) to be swallowed by a rigged cash machine on Dalston Kingsland. Thus meaning I could not draw money out in time to pay my fare t'up north. Sweet Mary,Jesus and Joseph.
Milly loves a good birthday- it's when all the attention is on her. I remember for her 18th we had a birthday weekend. It's not really about the presents it's about the performance for Milly. Wehad 2 cakes one which we kept in the fridge and one which we actually ate. The one we kept In The fridge we brought out every mealtime for 4 days to a chorus of happy birthday and candle blowing traditions. When the waiter brought the same cake through 2 days later to our table in Pizza Hut she stood and waved her hands trying to conduct the whole restaurant to her birthday song. She didn't let us eat that cake we had to rake it home so we could carry on singing that night.
Milly has for a very long time realised the importance of birthdays and the lavish attention amounted on her if she declares its that time of year- even if it not.
I remember a carer once turned up half an hour early on her Wednesday night slot. She was al, clandestine and sneaky, letting herself in quietly with a food a present and a card. My sister had told her the week before she was having a party next week for her birthday. It was November and my sisters birthday is in June.
Also she has a habit of letting the waiter/waitress know it is her birthday by proclaiming it while I'm trying to order drinks. She usually taps them, grins like a cheshire cat and slaps her hand across her heart whilst in her poor speech clearly orates to everyone between me and the pot washer. "MY BIRTHDAY TODAY" I always used to put my sister in her place until one time we had free cake and a singing waitress delivered to out table. Milly has quickly cottoned on I usually end up paying for one less dessert when the bill arrives.
Happy chuffing birthday gurl- sorry for not being there but ill be making it up to you every time we go for dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment