Monday, 11 June 2012
Sand is a vicous weapon.
This is Milly being chastised for throwing sand at 'vulnerable' children on a holiday in Bridlington. From the first time she got it in her nappy she new it was more killer than getting vinegar in a paper cut. I dare say she actually did some serious damage and carnage by throwing sand in children's faces/ temporarily blinding them and stealing there Ice creams/ bucket and spades.
It is only in reflection, by looking at the above that is dawned on me how much of a crafty clever intelligent bitch she is. Like the first time they discovered Orangutan's were using tools.
We must have holidayed again in Bridlington a few years later. Milly was about 9/10 and had done her famous disappearing act. After scouring the beach for about 10 minutes I noticed a small gathering on the beach front by the ice-cream van. Two Children were distressed and my sister was holding an unopened Calippo. Some Mum was holding her wrist, trying to usher my sister away and as I approached she told me ...
Milly had hid by the side of the ice cream van, she had cautiously waited and thrown sand at children, trying to blind them and then grabbing there ice- cream. Unfortunately this had back fired covering the ice-cream as well... so learning from experience she got the 3rd kid and grabbed the unopened Calippo.
At the time I reached into her pocket. I remember the one was empty and the other half full of sand.
A cheeky Brittain secret is most of us have been or still are ambidextrous. I was until I broke fingers on my left hand age 11 and didn't keep up the practice. Milly however, frequently swaps hand when colouring, still to this day. So in reflection I remember one hand covered in sand on the same side as the pocket that was filled. The other hand however was pristine, in order to maintain a good ice cream eating hand. Some would say I'm reading too much into this but she's a crafty one.
Milly won't mind me saying but although "I" know she has fathomed great intelligence, it's rare she feels the need to express this. I feel this is a double entendre and greater indicator of her perspicacity for others as she "plays up to playing dum" as most presume ' She doesn't know what she is doing'.
I guess I would if I could.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment