Thursday, 31 May 2012

Talking of Swimming...

There's quite a few good memories of swimming. It's quite the Brittain past time. Saturday afternoon fun hour at Halifax pool. Milly is surprisingly very very good at swimming. She started swimming from a baby more than weekly as part of physio and has never stopped since.
Paticularily I remember her playing her favourite game running off as fast as she can to the baby pool and dive bombing it. Another was swimming into swimming lessons or under the barriers of the swimming lanes to confuse people.

However this one time it was an open pool and the Diving boards were open.
It is one thing Milly has never done or has been taught or is allowed to do. Milly jumped out and legged it across the swimming pool.. instead of dive bombing some toddlers she ran for the boards. I chased her for my life but before I knew it she had climbed to the 5m board and by the time I got to the 5m board she was on the top Board. One of the life guards noticed, sounded a deafening air horn, kicked her shoes off, dramatically dived in and treaded water in anticipation of my sisters suicide. By the time I had made the last step on the top platform Milly dive bombed from the top 10m board. She made the most horrific splash, alarm still sounding and the whole swimming pool staring in awe.

She graciously surfaced after a few seconds and swam in the opposite direction of the life guard treading water.

I was still standing on the top platform looking like a dickhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment