Milly is a racist! I have told her this, explained it and told her it is completely unacceptable. She never listens to me . Like a young child who first realises that a Black/ Chinese/indian/ disabled is different to them and points and stares, Milly still does this. Milly has been well taught and has great understanding thanks to a wholesome R.E education! She has been to mosques, synagogues, made lanterns for divali, cooked currys and painted dragons for Chinese new year.
This knowledge she likes to share particularly in the street with strangers! She once poked a ladies bindi, pretended to bow on prayer outside a mosque and asked a lady on the bus if she liked poppadoms! She has matured a lot I remember she used to just cry out loud when anyone darker than milk chocolate came closer than 2 metres! Thankfully she grew out of that stage. ( age 12) I guess she is just curious.
There a few particularly painfully cringe moments I can recall for instance having carers that were well black and and Milly just crying?! She used to have carer called naila, who was a Muslim. Milly loved her and naila brought us lots of exotic food! Milly used to see Asian people in the street point possible stop and ask if they were naila a mum/ brother sister dad etc. There was this one time when Millie harassed a poor Indian lady on the bus about naila! ' does naila watch x factor'

No comments:
Post a Comment